Monday, June 15, 2009

Warren Zevon - Wanted Dead or Alive



It's hard for me to write a review for this record of Warren Zevon's (even though we plan on posting a good deal of his music), because of just how much his music means to me. He is possibly my favorite singer-songwriter, ever, and this is him at his youngest, and quite possibly, his most tender. Zevon was always big into music theory (he was personal friends with Stravinksy), yet he never shunned simplicity. To me, this is one of the most important tensions in music, and Warren Zevon balanced it like no one else I've ever heard. It's a shame, he was one of the most underrated musicians of his time. Definitely recommend checking this cd out.

Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjn4zzx12tz

3 comments:

  1. Muchas gracias desde Argentina!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He is the best, truly missed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for posting! warren is my absolute favorite also, and I love everything on this record. tule's blues is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete