Saturday, June 27, 2009

Melt Banana - Cell-Scape



Melt Banana seems to be one of those bands that polarizes its listeners. You hear them, and within about 10-15 seconds will be able to make a judgment, which usually falls under one of two view-points: 1)Melt Banana is a highly original and energetic band that you just can't get enough of, or 2) people actually listen to this shit? I, obviously, adhere to the former. The music here is fucking crazy, I will say this right out. The singer is a Japanese girl with a really high voice who squeaks over distorted nasty guitar lines, funky bass lines, and frantic I can't beat the shit out of these drums hard enough drumming. And although I am not always in the mood for Melt Banana, when I am, I want to hear nothing else. Highly recommended, especially to those of you who liked OOIOO. Oh, I almost forgot, Melt Banana's singer normally sings a lot higher than what most would call her natural singing voice. If you wanna see what she sounds like singing 'normally', put on track 9, If It Is The Deep Sea, I Can See You There.
Enjoy: http://www.mediafire.com/?2dnomn2ujme

No comments:

Post a Comment