Monday, June 15, 2009

Sun Araw - Beach Head


I am excited to present to you Beach Head. The music on this cd is really hard to characterize, but whatever you end up calling it, you cannot ignore the talent of Southern California local, Cameron Stallones. I know he plays the guitar, and that there is in fact guitar played on this cd. Aside from that, I really can't identify many of the other instruments: some chimes, weird droney stringed instruments, gongs, probably some weird electronic stuff I don't really know about, and a shitload of other percussion. The music is very psychedelic, but I would definitely not call it rock. There are noisy freak-outs that segue into beautiful instrumental sections -- and all the while, waves crashing on a beach can be heard. The word shimmery seems to aptly describe the music at many points. So I don't really know what else to say except that I highly recommend this cd and that, if possible, the music sounds a lot like the way the cover looks.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ikamn5jjwuz

No comments:

Post a Comment