Monday, June 15, 2009

The Berzerker - Berzerker


I was introduced to the Berzerker some time ago, on my fifteenth birthday. I went to go see The Misfits and Alice Cooper at the Greek. The Misfits played so poorly that my friends and I left before Alice Cooper came on (as the night progressed, this turned out to be a good call on my part). On the drive home, on the freeway, The Berzerker was released. I had never heard anything like it. The electronic drumming blew my mind. The sheer brutality of the music, the terror it inspired. I didn't really get into the band until recently, when I listened to this cd all the way through. The opening track, Reality, starts with a disclaimer of sorts, in the form of a sample. Reality may not be exactly what we think it is. The cd continues on this brutal bath for awhile, but also dips its toes into the industrial, the noisy, and even the funky. This cd is extreme, and although it most likely is not for everyone, it is definitely worth a listen. And for those of us who like it, it will serve as a grail of originality in the often bland world of metal.

I almost forgot. The sample from Forever, from Edmund Kemper, is one of the most badass samples I have heard.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cwttvdhmyjv

No comments:

Post a Comment