Friday, May 1, 2009

Bongwater - The Peel Sessions



This is a four track EP from Bongwater. I was first introduced to Bongwater by a friend from the college I used to go to and this is the first cd of theirs that I bought. I thought I'd post this because it is out of print and, probably, pretty hard to find. The first track, You Don't Love Me Yet, is a unique rendition of the Roky Erickson song. The next track, Kisses Sweeter Than Wine, continues with the motifs of rejection, loss, and regret, opening with a dedication to those who have died from AIDS. Track 3, The Power of Pussy, is much lighter in tone -- with the jazzy instrumentals and loungey Ann Magnuson vocals in the introduction. Track 4, Rental Car Blues, is a fun, bluesy, and funky song with awesome guitar work.

All in all, this is a pretty good album, even with all of the cheesiness, and I would reccomend it to Bongwater fans and newcomers alike.

Personnel:
David Licht - Drums
Mark Kramer - Vocals/Bass
Dogbowl - Guitar
Randolph Hudson III - Guitar
Ann Magnuson - Vocals

Link in Comments
P.S. Kool Herc or I will probably post The Big Sell-Out in the near future, which has some damn fine album art.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/?ttczw00zozg

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sven bongwaater are asuperb group but need quite afew listens to get into once in you are hooked
    thanks phil

    ReplyDelete